I’ll start as I often do by referencing Star Wars. Today I want you to cast your mind back to the first Death Star that was featured on ‘A New Hope’. It was described as “an armoured space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet”, you could have argued that it was indestructible! However, there was a flaw, namely the ‘thermal exhaust port’. To cut a long story short, there was a hole in it, and it was consequently blown up.
The moral of the story is that if you’re going to build a business case for Microsoft Project Online, ensure that there aren’t any holes in it.
To help you to build a robust business case, we’ve prepared a handy eBook which is now available for you to download. It features insights and tangible benefits from a number of sources including:
- The State of Project Management Report (Wellingtone)
- The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft Project Online (Forrester)
- Gartner Peer Insights
- Various real-world case studies
Within this article, we have outlined in brief the above sources and highlighted some of the key insights.
The State of Project Management
The latest State of Project Management report highlighted a general lack of access to the right tools, manual working and reduced visibility of the all important project KPIs. Some insights are outlined below:
- 54% of respondents did not have access to real-time project KPI’s with a third of responders spending 1 or more days manually collating project reports.
- 25% of respondents lacked access to effective collaborative technology
- ONLY 23% had access to a PPM or Resource Management solution
The findings indicate that within most organisations, there is room for improvement.
The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft Project Online
This report, published in March 2018 features analysis based on customer interviews from organisations that had implemented Project Online. Some of the findings from a ‘before’ perspective resonate with those from The State of Project Management, whilst from an ‘after’ perspective the report highlights a range of measurable and qualitative benefits:
- Reporting efficiencies resulted in a 60% time savings for project managers
- Increased project visibility improved resource utilisation and led to an 83% reduction in overtime cost
- Project Online, as a cloud-based solution, reduces infrastructure costs and increases scalability
- Project Online enables organisations to mature their project management practices
- Project Online increases customer satisfaction by improving on-time delivery
Aside from the above key findings, there are a number of quotable facts and figures which are all available within the Forrester Total Economic Impact™ Study, you can access the download link to the full report within the eBook.
Gartner Peer Insights
This service is a peer-driven ratings and reviews platform for enterprise IT solutions and services covering over 150 technology markets and 1,000 vendors, including Microsoft Project Online.
Importantly, every review is verified by Gartner before publishing ensuring that you’re viewing authentic insights from your peers; you can also filter the reviews by industry, company size and reviewers job role.
The site also features a handy ‘Compare this Product’ feature that can help you to complete a high-level due diligence exercise, by comparing one Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Software Solution against another to see how they rank. Importantly, this enables you to provide informed recommendations on your business case based on both qualitative and quantitative data.
At the time of writing Microsoft Project Online scores 4.4 / 5.0 based on 92 ratings from the most recent 12 months:
You can access the service HERE
Customer Case Studies
If you’re looking to build a business case or would like to get a better understanding of how Microsoft Project Online could benefit you then please download the eBook and get in touch if you’d like to discuss the implementation roadmap, associated effort and costs.
Watch the companion webinar
A well-implemented Microsoft Project Online solution can provide a significant number of tangible and intangible benefits leading to better outcomes and happier team members! Watch this video to learn more and to access practical tips when it comes to building your business case.